Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I like rigs

A rig it's the system that make posible to animate a 3d charater ( you can screw the character aswell). The rigs are like the wires in a Stop motion Character, and I really like rigs ( I hate it sometimes too). When I watch a "making of" I really like to see the controls and gui to manipulate a famose character like Scratch (Ice Age). I don't know but maybe is because I feel that the character are only liveless puppet and that only the magic provided by a great animator make the character looks alive and empathyze with you.
To me have the oportunity to manipulate the same controls that top notch animator used to make some of the greatest moments in some movies or shorts is like have the oportunity to be in the copckit of a plane. I'm sure that this probably sounds weird but I think I'm a bit weird :P.
Anyway one of the famous rigs and character in animation is Hogan. This character was created for the AAU students and you can watch great animations from students, most of then working right now in the industry, created with this rig. If you want to know a bit more about this Rig and his history take a look at the great article by P.J. Leffelman in his blog link to the article

No comments: